This is generally what you can expect will happen after you contact the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency) to discuss your eligibility:
1. Make an appointment
• An appointment will be made for you to meet an NDIS planner or local area coordinator.
• At your first appointment your planner/local area coordinator will confirm your eligibility.
2. Think about what you want from life
• The planner/local area coordinator will discuss how you would like to live your life and the reasonable and necessary supports you need.
3. Choose your supports
• If you wish, the NDIA can help you choose your supports based on your individual plan, or you can manage this yourself.
• The NDIA will discuss your preferences with you and, if you wish, your family and carers too.
4. Implement your plan
• How you want to manage your individual funding.
• Your preferred support providers.
5. Stay in touch
• From time to time your planner/local area coordinator will contact you to check whether your plan is still helping you work towards your goals.